Performing regular maintenance on your Kunkle safety or relief valve can help extend the life of the valve.
Below, we’ve outlined a few recommendations for putting together a simple and effective maintenance plan.
- Twelve months after installing a new Kunkle valve (or sooner), perform your first visual inspection. Look for:
- Clogged drains and discharge pipes
- Dirt buildup around the seat
- Broken, damaged, or missing parts and seals
- After your initial inspection, set a regular maintenance and testing schedule. Maintenance intervals depend on your service conditions and the age of the valve and can range anywhere between every two months to every six months.
- Test your valve by raising the system pressure to the valve’s set pressure or by operating the hand lever.
- Only use Kunkle valve parts for repairs.
- Allow only VR-stamp certified technicians to perform repairs or adjustments on your Kunkle valve.
- Never paint or otherwise cover any working or internal valve parts.
If you need further assistance with valve maintenance or replacements, give us a call at (314) 665-1741.